We are pleased to announce the General Availability of MP Studio, MP Author Pro and MP Author version 10.2. We’ve made lots of updates and improvements to the products. Here’s a summary of the changes:
- Allow only up to 2 errors when enumerating child domains before stopping. Limit can be changed via an environment variable.
- The comparison engine now ignores properties that have been marked as Obsolete.
- MP Verify enhanced with some optional additional verification rules.
- Handle credentials that can’t be read or decrypted properly by logging an error and returning empty credentials.
- Allow Move/Copy Overrides to work with Secure Reference overrides.
- Allow Delete Multiple versions for Sealed MPs. Error message tells why some versions can’t be deleted.
- Change how we handle referenced MPs to ensure that MPs from the correct folder are taken before falling back to the distribution folder and ensure that if a later MPB/MP is written the earlier MP/MPB is deleted.
- Allow Workflow Report to run correctly even if the UNIX/Linux MP is not installed.
- SNMP devices can be deleted from the Saved Network Device list by selecting and pressing Del.
- When a grid is filtered, ensure that any selected rows that are no longer visible are de-selected to avoid confusion.
- Improve the registry class wizard to allow more cases to be edited with the wizard.
- Allow tooltips in the Store and Admin trees to be shown or not shown. See Tools, Options, General.
- Create temporary files in a separate folder for background tasks and clean up when done.
- Display the names of included/excluded class instances in the group target wizard.
And the changes in MP Author Pro (below).
MP Author Pro
- Show properties for overridable parameters for all applicable element types.
And the changes in MP Author (below).
- Various bug fixes and optimizations.
- Ensure time values are converted using the invariant culture in the schedule control.
- Copying text from a message box with Ctrl-C will only copy selected text, otherwise everything.
- Element grids (Monitors, Rules, etc.) are now sorted by Name.
- Allow users to make filter settings persistent.
- When running MP BPA, always include the reference folder.
- Do not include the class Id in state views (changes when an MP is sealed and is not required).
- Work around the MPB file locking problem by copying the MPB to a temporary file and opening that instead.
- When comparing management group version to SDK version, only consider the major.minor parts.
- If a class property doesn’t have a DisplayName, use the Name.
- Allow multiple severities and priorities to be specified in the Alert View wizard.
- Fixed sizing of the list of alert sources in the Alert View wizard.
- Script Monitor wizard enhanced to allow on-demand detection.
- Fix 2-state consecutive samples performance monitor wizard.